1. While we __________ (wait) for the bus, a girl __________ (run) up to us.
2. I __________ (telephone) a friend when Bob __________ (come) in.
3. Jim __________ (jump) on the bus as it __________ (move) away.
4. We __________ (test) the new machine when the electricity __________ (go) off.
5. She __________ (not want) to stay in bed while the others ________________ (all, work) in the fields.
6. While mother ________ (put) Cathy to bed, the door bell ________ (ring).
7. As I __________ (walk) in the park, it __________ (begin) to rain.
8. Even when she ___________ (be) a child she _____ _____ (already, think) of becoming a ballerina (芭蕾舞演员).
9. It was quite late at night. George __________ (read) and Amy __________ (ply) her needle when they __________ (hear) a knock at the door.
10. There __________ (be) a group round the fire when they __________ (reach) it. An old woman __________ (sit) on the ground near the kettle; two small children __________ (lie) near her; a donkey __________ (bend) his head over a tall girl.
1. I _____ (have) my breakfast at half past six yesterday morning.
2. Mary _____ (go) over her lessons from six to seven last night. John and peter ____(do) the same thing.
3. What _____ you ___ (do) at that time? We _____ (watch) TV.
4. Was your father at home yesterday evening? Yes ,he was. He _____ (listen) to the radio.
5. They _____(not make) a model ship when I saw him.
6. _____ they ____ (have) a meeting at 4 yesterday afternoon?
No, they _____. They _____ (clean) the classroom.
7. ______ it ______(rain) when you left school? Yes, it ____. (No, it ____)
8. What _____ your father _____ (do) when he was your age?
9. One day, Edison _____ (wait) for a train to arrive, and suddenly a little boy ran to the track(轨道) to play.
10. He asked me if I ______ (go) fishing that afternoon.
11. The three of them were in a hurry because their plane _____ (leave) in five minutes.
12. In a letter, john told us that he _____ (come) to china next month.
13. When the bell rang, jenny _____ (wait) in her seat.
14. She _____ (make) her dress the whole afternoon.
15. While my father ____ (loogh the evening paper, he suddenly ____ a cry.
1. I ______ cooked a meal when you _____ me.
a. cooked, were ringing b. was cooking, rang c. was cooking, were ringing d. cooked, rang
2. He said he _____ to draw a plane on the blackboard at that time.
a. tries b. tried c. was trying d. will try
3. While she ______ TV, she ______ a sound outside the room.