1. Why can’t the speakers afford to rent a better home now?
A. They have bought a new car. B. They have bought some furniture.
C. They have bought a second-hand car.
2. Where are the speakers?
A. In a park. B. In a hotel. C. In the British Embassy.
3. When is the next weather report?
A. At 835. B. At 900. C. At 925.
4. What are the speakers mainly talking about?
A. A typewriter. B. A computer. C. A game.
5. How will the woman go home today?
A. By car. B. By bus. C. By bike.
6. What is the probable relationship between the speakers?
A. Colleagues. B. Classmates. C. Teammates.
7. What does the man like doing in his spare time?
A. Climbing mountains. B. Watching movies. C. Cycling.
8. What kind of books does the woman like?
A. Horror. B. Detective. C. Romance.
9. What is the probable relationship between the speakers?
A. Husband and wife. B. Classmates. C. Neighbors.
10. What are the speakers mainly talking about?
A. How to save energy at home. B. How to do well in an exam.
C. How to educate children.
11. What was the man’s score?
A. 25. B. 36. C. 40.
12. What is the woman likely to get if she answers the questions?
A. A trip to Thailand. B. A free movie ticket. C. A sum of money.
13. What does the woman think of credit cards?
A. Inconvenient. B. Harmful. C. Useful.
14. What do we know about the woman?
A. She is doing shopping now.
B. She saves a lot of money each month.
C. She often borrows money from her friends.
15. What do we know about air transportation?
A. It is the safest way of transportation.
B. Its insurance is cheaper than that of sea transportation.
C. It is the most expensive way of transportation.
16. Under what condition will the man suggest using sea transportation?
A. When the goods aren’t easily broken.
B. When the client doesn’t have much money.
C. When the client has a large quantity of goods.
17. Why does the man usually recommend a truck?
A. It’s much cleaner.
B. It’s much more flexible.
C. It’s more economical in the use of labour.
18. What does the speaker talt?
A. A CD tower. B. A CD player. C. A CD recorder.
19. What do we know about the product?
A. It’s inflexible. B. It’s made of iron. C. It has a soft-touch mechanism.
20. How much do two units cost?
A. $25. B. $35. C. $50.
21. ---______, the floor is really slippery.
---Than for reminding me.
A. Mind your step B. Walk slowly C. Mind your feet D. Come this way
22. It’s ______ to sign up for the cooking contest when you can’t cook a meal by yourself.
A. reasonable B. conventional C. positive D. ridiculous
23. ---There is still some doubt ______ he is innocent.
---That’s why he was accused ______ the crime.
A. that; with B. whether, of C. that, of D. whether, with
24. It sounded like something was wrong with the car’s engine then, ______ they would have carried on their journey.
A. otherwise B. therefore C. meanwhile D. besides
25. ______ he explained it to me did I make sense of what he said.
A. Hardly had B. Not until C. Shortly after